During the Cricket Evening function held in May, CCBM announced that a Rf. 10,000 award will be presented to the best club beginning 2007. The purpose of the award is to provide an incentive to clubs, to motivate teams and players and to provide a financial bonus to top performing teams. Presently CCBM is developing criteria to select the team of the year, and would like your input to make this workable. Below is the criteria being developed to select the Club of the Year.
1. Clubs will be ranked after each tournament and points will be given according to the following scale.
Champion team 100 pts
Runner-up team 75 pts
Third placed team 50 pts
Fourth placed team 40 pts
Fifth placed team 30 pts
Sixth placed team 20 pts
Seventh and below placed 10 pts each.
(On average upto 4-6 teams take part in CCBM tournaments. As such points below fifth ranking will be allocated accordingly)
2. Apart from the champion and runner-up, teams will be ranked by points earned in the tournament. If two teams are equal in points net run rate (NNR) will be used. If equal on NNR, head to head wins will be counted.
3. Each win in a game will earn the club 5 bonus points. An average of the bonus points (bonus points/number of matches played) will be used in the final equation to select the top team. Bonus points will be awarded only to those teams who complete more than 7 matches in a year.
4. The final equation to select club of the year will be as follows
Points from Ranking + Bonus win points (average) = Total club points.
5. Trophy and prize money will be given away as below;
Cricket Evening Function - Club of the Year Trophy
1st tournament played by the club - Rf 4,000
2nd tournament played by the club - Rf 3,000
3rd tournament played by the club - Rf 3,000
(teams can choose which tournament to draw their prize money)